- British Airways flies direct every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from London Gatwick to Norman Manley International Airport, Kingston.
- Virgin Atlantic flies every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday from London Gatwick to Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay.
- Thomson Airlines operates a charter service in the summer from London Gatwick to Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay, departing every Tuesday.
- Experience the Club Mobay and Club Kingston VIP lounges, Jamaica's Premier Departure Lounge at both Kingston and Montego Bay Airports.
- Flying time to Jamaica from the UK is approximately 9hrs and 30 mins
- Upon entering Jamaica, everyone must fill out and sign an immigration form, keeping a portion of the card on hand until departure.
- Jamaican currency is the Jamaican dollar, however the US dollar is widely used throughout the island.
- Jamaica have a temperate climate ranging from 77¬∞F (25.5∞C) in the winter months and 82¬∞F (28¬∞C) in the summer, but the island's climate is strongly affected by the sea, which can produce cloud cover, rain and wind, and have a sudden effect on temperatures.
- English is the official language of Jamaica
- Driving is the same as in the UK, on the left side.
- When calling Jamaica from the UK, the code is 001 876.
- One litre of wine, liqueur and five cartons of cigarettes bought in Jamaica, may be taken duty free
- Power is 110V, 50cycles AC. An adapter is required for 220V appliances.
- Please remember to make arrangements for travel insurance.